Thursday, April 18, 2013

Remainder: The rest of Spring Season 2013

  The titles I covered so far are the stand outs this season...but is there anything else worth watching?  Well, good question..so I figured I would explore the other titles released this season to see if I could find just that.  Just as a side note, I didn't give any real long amount of time indulging in them, just the first impressions I was left with.  So don't be surprised if I hit or miss the mark here.

                                                                                                Sparrow's Hotel              
                                                                             

  Centers around the staff of Sparrow's hotel, mainly Satou..who acts as the hotel's bouncer.  Not long enough to dislike at a running time of just under three minutes, but not all of that interesting or funny either.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru


  Also known as "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU", the title pretty much says it all.  I am not a huge fan of so called "slice of life" anime, but a can't say I dislike like all shows in this genre.  Teenage high school student gets berated...hilarity ensues.  For fans of this type of anime, and probably worth watching for a timewaster.

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko


    Yoto, a high school student prays to a stone cat to be more open about his feelings.  Girls are involved. Pretty much run of the mill fare here, but I will bank it gets quite the fan following.  One of those shows you will either love or hate in about the first ten minutes.

Arata the Legend


  Shounen Action/Adventure series based on the manga by Yuu Watase (Fushigi Yugi).  A high school student ends up trading places with another in a fantasy styled world.  Almost shocked that this passed by me.  Pretty strong first episode, and looking forward to the second.  Recommended.

 Muromi-san on the Shore


  Yet another anime short, this time involving mermaids.  The humor here is pretty hit or miss, but good when it makes its target.  Twelve minutes in length, so not too much time is wasted if you don't like it.
                                                                                  
                                                                       Ore no Imoto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai 2

                                                                  

  To end up, I bring you the second season of "There is No Way My Little Sister Is This Cute".  Well, not much to say here that hasn't been said already.  To be honest, I stopped watching the first season after about two episodes.  Don't get me wrong, it isn't that it is bad or anything...just lost interest.  Season Two (at least from the first episode), brings more of the same from the first season. Fans won't be disappointed.

  Overall, this season is fairly well rounded, with something for everyone's tastes.  Personally, I would have loved to have seen more JoJo's Bizarre Adventure this season, but no dice.

  Until next time! Cory JS

  P.S.  Feel free to leave comments, either bad or good.  Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @coryshwadlenak! Check out the Facebook page as well!  Oh by the way, give yourself a big pat on the back if you can figure out what links the titles of the blogs together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment